Thursday, September 13, 2007

Client 3


This assignment required that we create a photo that would illustrate intolerance in America. The forms of intolerance that had to be considered while creating this photo were pretty diverse. I thought the best way to tackle this assignment was to start with a symbol that had a very broad meaning. I wanted a clean, graphic quality to my photo, therefore photoshop was heavily used. The flag itself was pieced together from two different photos, then digitally cut apart and torn. The color was removed from the right side and the saturation increased on the left.

Leaf digital back on Mamiya 6 X 4.5, ISO 100, 60th@f/11

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great idea for the assignment! I know you wanted it to be really clean-and it works-but I would be interested to see what it would look like manually torn-or is that unpatriotic?

20/20 Vision said...

Great Illustration of the American flag. You can interpret the visual in so many words. Cool photo.

Robert Franklin said...

Good idea. Looks cool, i like the way you desaturated the other half.

Tara Joyce said...

This is the most powerful picture I have ever seen! It means so many things and so many thoughts come to mind. You did a great job and deserve an A+!!!!!

Sarah Enfiedjian said...

I love this image!! It is a great way to show many problems that we have in this country. good job.